Personas are fictional characters that represent typical segments of your population. In jExperience, content authors and marketers can use personas to simulate how site visitors navigate and behave.
Once defined, you can select a persona from the jExperience preview panel to see how personalized experiences perform on your site.
Opening the Manage personas page
You can create, view, and edit personas from the Manage personas page.
To open the Manage personas page:
- In Site Settings, click Audience in the left menu.
- Click Personas. By default several personas are included, as shown in the following image.
Creating a new persona
Create personas that represent what you know about your real-life site visitors.
To create a persona:
- In the Manage personas page, click New persona at the upper-right of the page.
- Choose Create new persona. A new persona profile displays.
- In the Properties tab, enter information about the new persona. For example, enter a first and last name, gender, age, marital and work status, and social media information.
- In the Profiling tab, assign the persona to a segment or a scoring plan. You can link a persona to a segment in such a direct way because personas do not have page view events or any behaviour. Fill segments and other profiling information.
- Save and close the persona.
The persona is now available for you to preview your sites from the jExperience preview panel.
This example shows how to create a persona in jExperience. The persona is Anna, a 32 year old woman who lives in Portland, loves cats, and works as a community manager.
We added a first name, age, gender, city and position as profile properties. We also added "cat lover" in the last name so that this persona can be easily identified in the jExperience preview panel.
We also added Anna to the segment cat lover by selecting Manage persona segments.
Then added Anna to the segment.
In Jahia preview, Anna is now available as a preview persona from the jExperience preview panel.