Jahia 8.0 includes significant UI changes and back end upgrades.
- New navigation menus and experience
In Jahia 8.0 we’ve taken significant steps to update our navigation interface to make common tasks more efficient for users. The new navigation provides better organization and improved accessibility based on common patterns for placement of standard items such as ‘settings’.
- New content editing interface
Content Editor, initially released in 220.127.116.11, is now the default editing experience for content. More functionality will be released through module releases, however, in the interim any functionality or tabs that were previously available can be located in the Advanced options tab in Content Editor.
Previously Jahia offered dedicated connectors to Salesforce.com & Google AdWords as well as numerous other services built offerings. We are pleased to now offer 250+ connectors via a new offering Jahia Stack Connect and recommend clients evaluate these offerings and consider migration if appropriate.
- Custom modules
Jahia introduced support for OSGI 6 and recommends all new module development follow the published guidance for OSGI.
To ease the migration of modules built using Spring, Jahia 8.0 includes support for modules built with Spring 3.2. We are also making Spring 5.2 available, in case you need it.
- Backend & Embedded Framework upgrades include:
- Karaf 4.2.7 and Cellar 4.1
- GWT 2.8.2
- Jackrabbit 2.18
- Supported software environments:
- We have updated our supported stack. Check it out!
- Edge, Chromium based, replaces the IE 11 as our official Microsft supported browser
- JBoss and WebSphere application servers are no longer supported, as we are solely relying on Tomcat 9
- But you can now use our docker production images