Build Recipes with StackConnect
Create a recipe in StackConnect
Jahia Stack connect works with jExperience and jCustomer to connect you with the rest of your technology stack, from productivity tools and databases to a broad selection of backoffice and martech applications. Use StackConnect to build automated workflows that trigger actions throughout your stack based on events in Jahia, or update profiles in Jahia based on events and data from across your stack.
Before you begin
To create or use this recipe example you will need:
- A Jahia system with jContent, jExperience and jCustomer configured with at least one page and at least one recorded visitor
- A StackConnect login with the Jahia connector for your version of Jahia and a connection to Jahia from your StackConnect account
- A Slack account and a connection to Slack from your StackConnect account.
Ready to begin?
What you will learn
In this tutorial you will create a recipe that listens for an event in Jahia and triggers an update in an external system.
Creat a recipe that will send a message to Slack using the new or updated profile event, include the email address, first name and last name of the visitor.
Creating and testing a recipe with Jahia StackConnect
The StackConnect interface is designed to enable a no-code experience to create workflows.
To follow the steps in this example, login to your StackConnect account at www.workato.com and select Recipes from the top menu. To skip ahead click here to access a pre-built recipe.
Create a recipe
Click Create a new recipe
Choose an event
Every recipe begins with an event. Choose an event to kick off your workflow:
- Type Jahia in the App search bar and select it.
- Select the trigger event: New or updated profile. Click Next.
- Select your jCustomer connection from the list (or create one). Click Next.
- Setup the trigger : Choose the earliest date & time that you want to look at events from, this lets you catch up on past events if you want. Click Next.
Choose an action
Every recipe has one or more jobs to do, for this recipe you want to send a message through Slack.
- Choose Slack and select the Post Message action. Click Next.
- Select your slack account, or create a new one. Click Next
Select a slack channel to post to
Add some text to the Basic Text area, click and drag in the data pill for each of the fields to be sent to slack, First Name, Last Name and Email. Click Finish