Bridging with Marketing Factory
This module gives you the opportunity to use Marketing Factory profiles to build smarter forms : store the form values in the profiles, prefill the form elements, set them to read-only or hide them, with a few clicks.
Progressive profiling is also available : you can decide to show a form element depending on what you know of your visitor in Marketing Factory. You 'll never have to ask your visitors the same information again and you can take advantage of this to ask new and relevant questions !
This module is available on Jahia store and you can deploy it as any other as long as Form Factory (2.1.1+) and Marketing Factory (1.6.3+) are already running.
Once the module is deployed and running on your site you'll find new options in Form Factory, in the "prefill" tab of each form element.
Bridge in prefill tab
- Toggle "Marketing Factory prefill" on, to activate it and you'll access new features :
- Select profile property : choose the Marketing Factory profile property that you want to map to your form field. If you can't find your property, it might be because you're trying to map the wrong type of data, i.e. checkboxes can only be mapped to multi-valued profiles properties.
When a property is selected, the form element will be prefilled with the value of the property for the current visitor.
- Copy property name to fields : Click this button to use the Marketing Factory property name to fill the input field name, label and placeholder of the element
- Hide the field if known in profile : Toggle this option on to hide the form element if there is already a value in Marketing Factory for the current visitor
- Set the field to read-only if known in profile : Toggle this option on to set the form element to read-only if the value is already know in Marketing Factory for the current visitor
Bridge in logics tab
For each element, you can decide to display the field or not depending on what you know of the visitor in Marketing Factory profile :
Building progressive profiling with Form Factory and Marketing Factory bridge
Prefilling, hiding or setting a field to read-only eases your visitor experience by avoiding to ask for any information twice. This is an opportunity to ask for different information and get to know more about your visitors ! This is called progressive profiling, let's take an exemple to help you configure it :
You want to know your visitor industry, job title and email address.
On the first visit, you want to ask for industry and email address, on the 2nd visit, you want to know the job title and for the next visits.
- Add a text element "industry", activate Marketing Factory in the prefill tab, select profile property "industry", click "sync" and toggle "hide if know in profile"
- Add a text element "job title", activate Marketing Factory in the prefill tab, select profile property "job title", click "sync" and toggle "hide if know in profile". Go to the logics tab and now select input "industry" and "if field has been filled by Marketing Factory profile"
- Add an email element "email", activate Marketing Factory in the prefill tab, select profile property "email", click "sync" and toggle "set to read-only if know in profile"
You're all set, your progressive profiling form is now ready to be added to any page of your choice.