Personas are fictional characters that represent archetypal segments of your population. Personas are declared and stored in Marketing Factory, used by content authors and marketers to simulate visitor navigation and behavior and to control how the personalized experiences perform on the site for various persona properties.
1. To access the personas management page
- Click on Audience in the left menu.
- Click on Personas.
2. Personas definition
Personas are fictional visitors with pre-defined properties that marketers create to personify their main targets or significant parts of their audience. In Marketing Factory they are used to simulate how a personalized web site changes dynamically depending on who is visiting it.
3. Default screen
The personas default screen shows the list of existing personas. Three personas are pre-built in Marketing Factory.
4. Create a new persona
To create a persona, follow this procedure:
- Expand the profiling entry in the left menu
- Click on the Personas menu
- In the main page, click on the upper right menu
- Choose Create new persona
- An empty profile appears
- Fill the properties you want to set for this particular persona
For the purpose of this demonstration, lets create two personas:
- Virginia, a 22 year-old women, Canadian, single, student, who currently lives in Paris.
- Stephen, a 35 year-old man who lives in Denver, married with three kids, and works as a programmer.