Upgrading to jExperience 2.2.0.x1
Before upgrading jExperience or jCustomer, please make sure to review this page on the Academy containing upgrade recommendations.
jExperience 2.2.0.x1 requires at a minimum jCustomer 1.6.0 (jCustomer 1.7.1 recommended), and since you are likely running a version of jExperience not compatible with jCustomer 1.6.0, the upgrade procedure will involve updating both jCustomer and jExperience.
At a high level, the upgrade process is as-follow:
- Ensure you are currently running jCustomer 1.5.6+, if not, update to a more recent version.
- Stop jExperience in Jahia, this will prevent events from being sent while jCustomer is being updated.
- Upgrade to jCustomer to version 1.7.1 (best)
- Upgrade to jExperience to 2.2.0.x1 (this page) and start the module
Install jExperience 2.2.0.x1 module and start it.
Get jExperience from the the Jahia store and install it from the administration / Modules and extensions panel.
Or download and install the new version directly from the Modules and extensions panel if the store is available.
If you are already using jCustomer 1.7.1, you just need to execute the following steps:
- Upload and start jExperience 2.2.0.x1 module as you would do for any other module.
- Remove all previous jExperience versions