Upgrading to jExperience 1.12
Run a pre-production test first.
For upgrading from Jahia 7 to Jahia 8 we recommend the following upgrade path:
- Upgrade jCustomer 1.4.x to 1.5.x (still on Jahia 7) - jCustomer 1.5.x relies on Elasticsearch 7.4.2. This change of Elasticsearch version, from 5.7.3 to 7.4.2 is the reason why Unomi data needs to be migrated.
- Upgrade Jahia 7 to Jahia 8
- Upgrade jExperience from 1.11.x to 1.12 following the steps on this page
- Update to jExperience 1.12 is required if Jahia has been updated from Jahia 7 to Jahia 8
- jCustomer needs to be upgraded to 1.5.x BEFORE you start Jahia 8 for the first time and before you can upgrade jExperience
- jExperience 1.12 is compatible with jCustomer 1.5.x and only with Jahia 220.127.116.11+
- While jExperience module is stopped or jCustomer not available, no events are tracked and no personnalised or optimised (A/B test) content is displayed to users.
Upgrading to jExperience 1.12.0
Get jExperience from the the Jahia store and install it from the administration / Modules and extensions panel.
Or download and install the new version directly from the Modules and extensions panel.
- Start Jahia: As jExperience 1.11.0 is not compatible with Jahia 8, it won't be started.
- Install jExperience 1.12.0 module and start it - as you would do for any other module in Jahia
- Remove previous of jExperience modules