Apache Unomi Salesforce Connector
Apache Unomi Salesforce connector in one sentence
Salesforce is the most famous CRM, widely used by sales people in many businesses. The Jahia Marketing Factory / Salesforce connector provides bi-directionnal integration between Marketing Factory profiles and Salesforce leads, by connecting the Apache Unomi backend to Salesforce. Such integration give marketers the ability to push any data collected on a visitor by Marketing Factory to Salesforce, and enhance Marketing Factory personalization capabilities using Salesforce data.
To install the Salesforce connector, Marketing Factory 1.8.1 (and therefore Apache Unomi 1.2.2) must be deployed on your DX platform.
To install the salesforce connector, please follow the steps below :
- From the extranet download the .kar file of the salesforce integration and copy it to the the folder <your apache unomi folder>/deploy
- Ensure that karaf and Unomi are started
- Execute the following command in karaf
- The installation is done !
Apache Unomi configuration
Follow the steps described in the Apache Unomi Salesforce connector documentation.
When the Salesforce connector is setup, 2 new actions will be available from the Marketing Factory Rules User Interface :
- "Create/Update Salesforce lead from visitor profile" : When triggered, this action will create or update a lead in Salesforce. The data is pushed from Marketing Factory to Salesforce. To know if a lead should be created from scratch or updated, the action uses the configured identifier.
- "Update visitor profile from Salesforce lead" : When triggered, this action will update the Marketing Factory profile with data that is in Salesforce for this lead.
Use case 1: Create a lead in Salesforce on goal reached
One way to use the Salesforce connector is to leverage the visitor behavior on your website and create a lead in Salesforce when he fulfills a goal
- Create a Form in Form Factory with the following fields : last name, email, company.
- Use the marketing Factory - Form Factory bridge to map the form to the Marketing Factory profile
- Create a goal to track visitors who fill the form
- Create a Rule :
- When "a goal is fulfilled", select the goal you created
- What "Create/Update Salesforce lead from visitor profile"
Use case 2 : Update Marketing Factory profile from Salesforce when a visitor starts a new session
Another way to use the Salesforce connector is to update the Unomi profile when a visitor starts a new session, in order to personalize his experience with Salesforce data
- Create a Rule :
- When "Visitor session starts"
- What "Update visitor profile from Salesforce lead"
- Add a personalization on any content you'd like, the visitor profile will be up to date with the latest data from Salesforce !