jCustomer Salesforce Connector
Salesforce is the most popular CRM, widely used by sales people in many businesses. The jCustomer Salesforce connector provides bi-directional integration between jExperience profiles and Salesforce leads, by connecting the jCustomer backend to Salesforce. Such integration gives marketers the ability to push any data collected on a visitor by jExperience to Salesforce, and enhance jExperience personalization capabilities using Salesforce data.
To install the Salesforce connector, the jExperience module must be deployed on Jahia and connected to a running jCustomer.
Installing the Salesforce connector
To install the Salesforce connector:
- From the Customer Center download the .kar file of the Salesforce integration and copy it to the
<your jCustomer folder>/deployfolder.
- Ensure that karaf and jCustomer are started.
- Execute the following command in karaf
The installation is done.
Configuring the Salesforce connector
Follow the steps described in the Unomi Salesforce connector documentation.
When the Salesforce connector is set up, the following actions are available in the jExperience Rules user interface:
- Update visitor profile from Salesforce lead
When triggered, this action will update the jExperience profile with data that is in Salesforce for this lead.
- Create/update Salesforce lead from visitor profile
When triggered, this action creates or updates a lead in Salesforce. The data is pushed from jExperience to Salesforce. To determine if a lead should be created from scratch or updated, the action uses the configured identifier.
Use case 1: Create a lead in Salesforce on goal reached
You can use the Salesforce connector to leverage the visitor behavior on your website and create a lead in Salesforce when they fulfill a goal.
- Create a form in Forms with the following fields: last name, email, company.
- Use the jExperience - Forms bridge to map the form to the jExperience profile.
- Create a goal to track visitors who fill the form.
- Create a rule with the following conditions and then save the rule.
- In When, select a goal is fulfilled and select the goal you created.
- In What, select Create/update Salesforce lead from visitor profile.
Use case 2: Update jExperience profile from Salesforce when a visitor starts a new session
Another way to use the Salesforce connector is to update the jCustomer profile when a visitor starts a new session, to personalize their experience with Salesforce data
- Create a rule with the following conditions and then save the rule:
- In When, select Visitor session starts.
- In What, select Update visitor profile from Salesforce lead.
- Add a personalization on any content you'd like and the visitor profile will contain the latest data from Salesforce.