Personas are fictional characters that represent archetypal segments of your population. Marketers create personas in jExperience to personify their main targets or significant parts of their audience.
Content authors and marketers also use personas to simulate visitor navigation and behavior and to control how the personalized experiences perform on the site for various persona properties.
Opening the Manage personas page
To open the Manage personas page:
- In Site Settings, click Audience in the left menu.
- Click Personas. By default several personas are included, as shown in the following image.
Creating a new persona
To create a persona:
- In the Manage personas page, click New persona at the upper-right of the page.
- Choose Create new persona.
A new profile displays.
- Fill the properties you want to set for this particular persona.
The following example shows a personas created in jExperience. The persona is Stephen, a 35 year-old man who lives in Denver, is married with three kids, and works as a programmer.