About the profile
The profile contains all the properties that you have configured in jExperience Property manager as well as computed values based on how you use jExperience. StackConnect provides you with access to profile properties as well as a new and updated profile event. To understand how the your profile information is populated, consider the following:
First name, last name, pets and more, this information is visible in Properties manager, can be extensive and will be unique to your Jahia system.
- Information collected is based on your configuration of user logins, user forms, social media account linkages etc
- Information aggregated external sources using Jahia StackConnect. 250 + sources include files, CRM and martech systems, databases and more.
Current Visit Information
This is information specific to the current visit (session). Commonly available information from the visitor browser will tell you about the following:
- Location (by country or by point)
- Session duration (how long they stayed on the site)
- Device Category (eg. desktop, mobile, tablet, anonymized,unknown)
- Session properties ( operating system, previous page, referring page etc)
Properties in the profile can be updated based on rules and event activity. It is possible to define many conditions in the Jahia system to score and categorize users, define goals and track campaigns.
- Profiling - Segments, lists, scoring plans
- Behavioral - Interests, pages viewed, campaign engagement, goals matched, time events
- New/Returning - status of visitors who are identifiable
The profile object
As an object in jCustomer, the profile has a unique profile id, it stores property information as well as IDs that you can use to look up addition information. There is a set of related objects for the profile which includes Consents, Segments, Scoring Plans, Lists, Interests, Goals & Campaigns.
Using profiles with StackConnect
In StackConnect, with Jahia 8.0 and higher, a new or updated profile triggers an event. This event is very useful to trigger automation flows centered on individual visitors because it contains the most recent information about the visitor based on their interaction with your site(s) and application(s). For more specific information on content performance a number of events are also available, see Events.
For profile information to be available in StackConnect you must have at least one Jahia based site or application with at least one visitor.
|Property and Type||Description||StackConnect|
|Profile Id (Data Pill)||
Segment IDs (List Pill)
|Scores (List and Data Pills)||
|Goals (List Pill)||
|Lists (List Pill)||
|Properties (list in datatree)||
|Consents (List Pills and Data Pills)||
|Interests (List Pill and Data Pills)||
|Page View Counts (List Pill and Data Pills)||
With the exception of properties, if Scope information is needed for profile information, use the Get object by ID with the field provided (Segment ID, Goal ID etc) to access the Scope information from the specific Object.
For developers seeking more detail refer to Apache Unomi Documentation.