About jExperience analytics
What is jExperience analytics?
jExperience analytics capabilities deliver relevant metrics and dashboards to digital marketers, while they’re working on their content. It is available with several pre-built dashboards and will be enhanced in the next months.
Analytics features are based on Jahia’s built-in CDP and benefit from its extensive data collection and data model:
- Rich events: page views (including title, URL, URL parameters, referrers, tags, categories, template, ..), downloads, form submits, logins, clicks, site searches
- Sessions data: geolocation, device, browser
- Profile centric model: every sessions and events are linked to a profile, being consolidated across visits through first party cookie and logins
- CRM, Marketing Automation and other application data can also be integrated using StackConnect no code connectors to provide even richer dashboards
For demanding organisations and advanced use cases, jExperience analytics offers many customisations capabilities:
- Collect custom event properties (similar to custom dimensions), using any information available in your data layer
- Collect custom events when needed. For instance: completed a survey, attended a webinar, subscribed to a forum topic, …
- Build custom dashboards using Elastic Kibana, to get every insights you want from the data that you’re collecting
What technology is it based on?
jExperience analytics is based on Elasticsearch Kibana. If you need to create custom dashboards, you'll need to learn the jCustomer data model and kibana basics.
jExperience analytics components
Jahia cloud customers that are running jexperience will automatically see jExperience analytics appearing in the jExperience menu.
For customers that are running Jahia and jExperience on their own, jExperience analytics requires several components detailed below.
- jCustomer: Executing the business logic during data collection
- Elasticsearch: Used for customer data storage
- Kibana: The UI to manage Elasticsearch, access raw data, create and visualize dashboards.
- jExperience - 2.3.1 and above
- Kibana dashboard provider - Module that makes the connection between jahia and Kibana.It is responsible for displaying dashboards in the UI, ensuring that jahia users dont need to login into kibana to see dashboards. It is also used to import dashboards from jahia modules to kibana.
- jExperience dashboards - Module that contains the built-in dashboards. It will use the kibana dashboards provider to import them into kibana.
High level architecture of how components interact which each others:
More details is available for system administrators in the topic Configuring jExperience and Kibana for analytics.